Now displaying: Page 1
Aug 20, 2016
We've gone a little crazy pants and broadcasted live on Facebook, and... turned it into this podcast episode! with Tabetha Hedrick, Design Director of Sweet Georgia Yarns. I thought it would be an interactive way to bring you another edition of Ask Kara & Tabetha Anything. We answer a listener question about pattern grading and how to create balance between life, work and finding time for our knitting. If you want to watch the original video broadcast, you can check it out, and you can also catch me live at 12pm EST Fridays, on Facebook.com/PowerPurlsPodcast. To watch past broadcasts, you can find them in the video library on the Power Purls Facebook page.
- How we are turning the video version of Unplugged into a podcast episode.
- When it comes to grading (sizing) patterns, is this the designer's or the publisher's job?
- Sizing standards for designers and hobby knitters: www.craftyarncouncil.org
- Does the publisher provide a tech editor for designers patterns?
- When to hire a tech editor to size your patterns. Kara and Tabetha debate this topic!
- Work/life balance is learning to "take turns" as Crochet! editor Ellen Gormley explains in episode 021
- You can do everything you want, but just not at the same time.
- We're looking for a way to put everything in a neat box, but we live in an imperfect.
- If balance is a myth, what can we do what matters most in the moment.
- Learning to say no and practicing acceptance because we can't control the universe.