Marly Bird is bi-crafty - a knitter who also crochets! She has been podcasting about the craft since 2007! She is the national spokesperson for Red Heart Yarns and she’s the host of the YarnThing podcast. She’s an author and designer with a prominent YouTube channel as well! You can find her at craftsty.com and she has classes available at creativebug.com.
Marly had a respectable career in the financial services industry before her love of all things yarn took over her life and career. She was podcasting about it when everyone else was just blogging. She’s always been way ahead of her time, and she’s been able to create a knitting and crocheting empire that has been a resource to share her love of the craft in all forms of media. She’s got a special offer for Power Purls listeners today, so don’t miss out!
- How she started podcasting in 2007 - Ask Jeeves to the rescue!
- Her philosophy for sharing her guests with her audience and why she loves sharing the stories and connections
- How she found her stride when there wasn’t an established format for a podcast
- Is Craftsy killing the yarn store? She covered it in her early podcast.
- Bridging the gap between social media and the podcast with Facebook live!
- How a live show is different than a pre-recorded show
- Why she transitioned from a pre-recorded show to a live show
- The run down on having a live hosted podcast on Blog Talk Radio
- Return to the rustic and real - could it be a trend?
- Competing and cooperating in the world of yarn
- Having a business built on podcasting - it isn’t easy
- The juggling act of creating income from her knitting passion
- Life lessons from knitting and crochet
- Knitting bonds and lessons from Grandmothers - there could be some tears!
- Build your support system the Jim Rohn way
- Diversify your income in this industry. You can’t be just a designer!
Marly has a special discount for a limited time, in her Ravelry Store. She's giving our listeners a free pattern for using the Code POWERPURLS at checkout. Make your purchases by midnight on Dec. 2!