Vickie Howell is most well-known as the Host and Creative Consultant of DIY Network’s Knitty Gritty, her best selling knitting, crochet, and craft books, and her accessible, inclusive approach to nurturing the creative community via print, video and social media. Today, she shares details about a Kickstarter for Knit Show, which will be the first community funded and internationally accessible episodic knitting & crochet series!
This is your chance to get involved! Without 100 percent funding, this show cannot happen. Click here to help me support the show and let's make this happen! Hurry, because the campaign ends April 19th!
- Vickie saw a need for a knitting and crochet show like The Knit Show and filled it
- She shares how her #1 love for broadcasting and her passion for knitting and crochet and how these created her brand
- Vickie super power is craft encourager and setting a positive example for yarn crafters
- Community is no longer local. We are on a global playing field, and have access to so much more today than ever before
- How crowd-funding is the new normal
- How The Knit Show is show different than the other knit and crochet TV shows
- Show overview: tutorials, the benefits of yarn crafting and mental health, fitness segments and overall holistic integration
- Vickie's plans for continuing with her live video series, Ask Me Monday and why this is important for community
- Why The Knit Show is a fully-produced show and details about the production team behind its creation
- Rewards for becoming a backer of the show
- Vickie shares her secret for keeping the balls in the air while as a wife and mother
The Kickstarter ends on April 19th! Click here to become a backer NOW!
Learn more about Vickie & Kickstarter Campaign:
Community on the web: VickieHowell.com
The Knit Show on Kickstarter
Click Here to Join the Stitchucation Workshop 5-Week Workshop, Beginning May 1. Join Kara for 5 full weeks of intuitive shawl-making!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this episode are affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase and there is no additional cost for you to do so. When I make a recommendation, it is because I have personal experience with these products and have used them myself. I only recommend products I believe in and suggest them because I know they will be helpful, not because of the small commission I make if you decide to make a purchase. The commission I earn helps offset the production expenses that I incur to produce Power Purls, and by purchasing products through these links, also helps you to become a supporter of this podcast and for that, I am truly grateful.
Opening music credit: The Ether Life by Macroform