In this episode, Kara chit chats with Tabetha Hedrick, Design Director of Sweet Georgia Yarns, and Contributing Editor of Creative Knitting Magazine. Tabetha is also Kara's sidekick in crime co-host of the Ask Kara & Tabetha Anything series. In this episode, we share details about the upcoming Stitchucation Shawls 5-Day Challenge and Workshop starting April 10, 2017, sponsored by Sweet Georgia Yarns.
In the extended, patron only version, you're in for a treat because Tabetha closes the convo with the 5 top things to master when submitting designs to yarn companies and craft publishers. This is valuable advice that you can use in any of your professional endeavors.
Check out the benefits of membership here.
- Tabetha remembers her first ugly sweater project. Don't we all have one?
- A random meeting at McDonald's sealed her destiny as a knitwear designer.
- How to go get what you want instead of waiting for opportunities to come to you.
- Diversification is essential to thrive as a knitwear designer.
- What led Tabetha to landing her role as Design Director of Sweet Georgia Yarns.
- How becoming a go-to person makes you invaluable as a designer.
- Grabbing the bull by the horns and luck led Tabetha to her role as Design Director of Sweet Georgia.
- Don't wait for things to land in your lap. Create what you're looking for.
- The trials and tribulations of working remotely and what helps Tabetha stay organized.
- Tabetha, the queen of organization shares tips for staying on top of tasks and deadlines!
How to find out more about Tabetha:
Sweet Georgia Yarns: SweetGeorgiaYarns.com
Mentioned in this episode:
Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Productivity apps: Asana and Evernote
Inkwell Press Planners: Inkwellpress.com
Stitcucation Shawls 5-Day Challenge. Sign up here!
Challenge special: enter Stitch10 at checkout to get 10% off Sweet Georgia Yarns